When Walt Disney set out to create Disneyland and Walt Disney World, he wanted a place where families could go and spend time together having the time of their lives. Thanks to his vision, both resorts, and the many resorts worldwide that have been built as well, do just that—provide a magical place for families to come together and make memories that will last a lifetime. You can make just about any experience at Disney a family one, but here are eight that your family is sure to love and want to experience over and over again:
8. Pin Trading – I love to pin trade and I passed that love onto my little sister—now we pin trade together! Pin trading is such a fun family activity to add to your day in the parks and it allows you to interact with a lot of cast members, too! Plus, if you get a pin your family member wants, you can always trade them for it.
7. Enchanted Tales With Belle – I absolutely adore this attraction because it’s the only attraction where you can meet a princess and perform alongside her! This is a great family experience especially if you have little ones because you will love getting to take pictures of them playing a part in the retelling of the love story between Belle and the beast. But not to worry—it’s still fun if you’re older and want to participate!
6. Beauty and the Beast Live On Stage – Staying on the BATB theme, this show in Hollywood Studios brings a beautifully made Disney classic to life with live actors, a gorgeous set and the music we all know and love. If you need a break from the rides and the hot sun, grab a seat and enjoy the show.
5. Finding Nemo: The Musical – This musical does an outstanding job of bringing Finding Nemo to life on the stage. The music is beautiful, the acting is superb and the set is stunning. Animal Kingdom can wear you out quickly, so stopping halfway through your day to take this show in is a great idea and you won’t regret it.
4. Festival of the Lion King – Another outstanding show in Disney’s Animal Kingdom, Festival of the Lion King is a treat for the whole family. This show includes audience participation and brings the big screen movie to life with live actors and animatronics. This show is a must do for my family and I whenever we are in the park!
3. Wishes/Illuminations/Fantasmic! – Any nighttime show at Walt Disney World is, in my opinion, a wonderful family experience that can’t be passed up. Seeing the amazement in your children’s eyes is priceless and the Disney magic is sure to make you feel like a kid again. Plus, you’ll get amazing photos that you can show to your friends and brag about when you get back home.
2. For the First Time in Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration – Whether you’re tired of Frozen or not, this show is a must do! Not only is the retelling of the story hilarious thanks to the designated ‘historians’ of Arendelle, but also you’ll have a blast singing along to the popular songs with your family and dozens of your closest Disney fanatic friends. Your favorite Frozen characters will make appearances and, if you’re lucky, it may even snow!
1. Chip ‘N’ Dale’s Campfire Sing-A-Long – If you have little ones, or even if you don’t, this is a fun family experience that is not only not in the parks, but also will cost you almost nothing! Located at The Campsites at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort, this cowboy-led sing-a-long is the best way to unwind after a long day at the parks. Bring your own marshmallows and sticks (or purchase them onsite) and roast some marshmallows as you sing and visit with Chip ‘n Dale. Afterward, you get to enjoy a Disney movie on a giant screen. What could be better?
There are so many different ways to have unforgettable family experiences while at Walt Disney World, and these are just eight of them! Make it your mission to have one new family experience every time you visit whether it be a new attraction, a new dining location or a new experience outside of the parks.
BONUS TIP: Consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like MickeyTravels. They’ll help you get the best Walt Disney World deal, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE! It’s genius!