February is finally upon us. Who has a Disney vacation planned for this month?
February is a great month to visit the Walt Disney World Resort. The days will be warm, while the evenings may continue to be a little cooler. We do recommend packing layers, though, in case a cold spell hits. February is often considered quiet, before the storm that springtime brings. The crowds are generally low, particularly during the week.
So what is there to look forward to during February? Here are all the events and experiences for Guests to enjoy in the Walt Disney World Resort.
EPCOT International Festival of the Arts
This colorful Festival continues to run at EPCOT through February. However, the magic only runs until February 20. As such, there are less than three weeks left to enjoy all of this:
- The DISNEY ON BROADWAY Concert Series at the America Gardens Theatre in World Showcase. Don’t miss live performances from Disney stage shows, including The Lion King, Aida, Mary Poppins, Aladdin, and Tarzan.
- Sample delights from the Food Studios around World Showcase. Sixteen food stands serve up art-inspired cuisine. These limited-time menus won’t be around for long.
- Meet talented Disney artists, purchase limited-edition art pieces and have them signed. Artist Appearances include the Thomas Kinkade Studios, Larry Dotson, McCullough Art, and many more.
- Learn how to draw a Disney character at the Animation Academy in the America Gardens Theatre at 12:30 p.m. daily.
- Take part in a giant Paint By Numbers Mural in the Expression Section.
- Admire the Chalk Art that can be found around World Showcase Plaza. Prepare to be impressed by the visual illusions you’ll see.
- Complete Figment’s Brush with the Master’s scavenger hunt around EPCOT theme park. Maps and stickers can be purchased from Port of Entry, World Traveler, or Creations Shop. Once complete, return to one of these stores to receive an artful keepsake.
- Step into photo frames and get a photo with an artistic backdrop. The Artful Photo Ops are available around EPCOT, with Disney PhotoPass Cast Members on hand to take your photos. Look out for them in their new green costumes.
Disney After Hours
This exclusive ticketed event allows Guests three hours in a Disney Park. Enjoy attractions with short line times, complimentary snacks and beverages, and the theme park practically to yourself, and a few other Guests. There’ll be no need for Disney Genie+ or the use of Lightning Lane during a Disney After Hours event. Disney After Hours events occur in Magic Kingdom and Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
The Disney After Hours events are taking place on the following dates:
- February 16, 20, and 27 in Magic Kingdom Park
- February 15 in Disney’s Hollywood Studios. The event on February 22 is sold out.
Competitions at the ESPN Wide World of Sports
There are several sporting events that take place in the ESPN Wide World of Sports. As such, Guests visiting the Disney Parks and Resorts during February may encounter groups of high school students.
Four events occur at the ESPN Wide World of Sports in February. These are:
- UDA National Dance Team Championship – taking place February 3 to 5.
- UCA National High School Cheerleading Championship – taking place February 10 to 12.
- 2023 USA Competitions President Classic EAST – takes place February 17 to 20. This is an elite-level gymnastics competition for the Nastia Liukin Cup Qualifier.
- Disney Presidents Day Soccer Tournament – also takes place from February 17 to 20.
This popular attraction in Disney’s Hollywood Studios is closing for refurbishment on February 20. Make sure to have one last ride on this attraction. Otherwise, you’ll have to wait until it reopens in the summer. Find it at the end of Sunset Boulevard.
Mardi Gras at Disney’s Port Orleans Resorts
Mardi Gras is on February 21 this year. Mardi Gras celebrations are limited in the Walt Disney World Resort. Most Guests in Lake Buena Vista will generally head to Universal Orlando if they wish to celebrate hard. However, Disney Guests can celebrate at Disney’s Port Orleans Resorts.
Enjoy Southern Louisiana cooking on the bayou at Boatwright’s Dining Hall. Afterward, enjoy a beverage in the River Roost Lounge at Disney’s Port Orleans Riverside Resort. Horse and carriage rides are also available to book at the Port Orleans Riverside Marina.
Alternatively, head down the river to Disney’s Port Orleans French Quarter Resort. This is the place to find the famous Mickey Beignets. Order yours from Scat Cat’s Club Cafe, and enjoy inside the Disney Resort’s beautiful lobby. Alternatively, relax with a beverage in Scat Cat’s Club Lounge.
While Walt Disney World doesn’t host any special events for President’s Day, the Holiday often attracts larger weekly crowds. President’s Day is on February 20, so expect crowds to be heavier during that week, and the weekend before.
Are you visiting during President’s Day week? Then make sure your plans involve the Hall of Presidents attraction in Magic Kingdom Park.
Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend
Runners will participate in a runDisney event during the final weekend of February. Beginning February 23, the Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend takes place. Across four days, the following events take place:
- Disney Princess Yoga
- Disney Princess 5k
- Disney Princess Enchanted 10k
- Disney Princess Half Marathon
- Disney Fairy Tale Challenge
While all events are currently sold out, all Guests can enjoy the runDisney Health & Fitness Expo. Complimentary transport is available to Guests from all Disney Resort hotels to the ESPN Wide World of Sports.
TRON Lightcycle/Run Previews
The new Magic Kingdom attraction is set to open on April 4, 2023. Ahead of the opening, previews of the attraction will take place. Cast Member previews are set to take place in February. Annual Passholder and Disney Vacation Club previews will follow but are expected to begin in March. Registration for these events is likely to open in late February.
Which events coincide with your Walt Disney World vacation? Make sure you take advantage of the fun that is taking place during your time in the Disney Parks and Resorts.