When you hear of someone going on a Disney vacation, you probably assume they’re going to the Walt Disney World Resort or Disneyland Resort. Disney Cruise Line is something else you consider too. However, Guests may not visit other Disney destinations as frequently as the Disney Parks and Disney Cruise Line. The destinations include Disneyland Paris, Aulani – a Disney Resort and Spa in Hawaii, and even Celebration in Lake Buena Vista.
But there’s one other Disney destination that comes to mind for us. It’s a little off the beaten track and a lesser well-known place to take a Disney vacation. That place is in Florida, just a short drive from Walt Disney World.
Disney’s Vero Beach
Disney’s Vero Beach is a Disney Vacation Club Resort located on Florida’s Atlantic Treasure Coast. The old-fashioned hideaway leads to its own private beach, known to be the nesting grounds of Loggerhead Sea Turtles. Disney’s Vero Beach is the perfect place to escape after a busy Walt Disney World vacation, exploring the theme parks.
Every room at Disney’s Vero Beach Resort is at least a Deluxe Studio. Deluxe Villas are also available, with one or two bedrooms. For larger parties, the three-bedroom Beach Cottages offer a luxurious escape. All Guest rooms at the Disney Resort hotel have access to at least a kitchenette, so you can enjoy a home-away-from-home if you wish. Stock up with food, beverages, and treats on the way to the Disney Resort.
Alternatively, explore the local town of Vero Beach. Should you wish to stay within the hotel, Disney’s Vero Beach Resort has the following options:
- Wind & Waves Market – the quick-service restaurant serves up entrees and snacks to go. Enjoy your order by the pool, or take them back to your Guest room.
- Wind & Waves Grill – the full-service restaurant is open for breakfast and dinner. Disney character dining is also available at breakfast on select days of the week.
- Wind & Waves Bar – relax and cool off with ice-cold drinks and mixed libations near the pool area.
- The Green Cabin Room – retire here for an evening, and enjoy cocktails and desserts in a nautical lounge.
- Island Grove Packing Company – not only will you find Disney merchandise and Resort apparel here, but you can also pick up groceries and sundries you will need throughout your stay.
Disney’s Vero Beach is the perfect escape if you require relaxation. Cool off in the Mickey-shaped pool area during the day and ride on the Pirate’s Plunge pool slide. Spend time at the beach, splashing in the Atlantic Ocean and strolling along the white sand. Take your relaxation to the next level, and enjoy a treatment in the spa.
If you’re looking for activities to enjoy, Disney’s Vero Beach has plenty on offer. Miniature Golf, Movies under the Stars, scavenger hunts, volleyball, and other sports are available within the Disney Resort hotel. There is also a selection of equipment to rent from Eb & Flo’s Rentals, including bicycles that you can use to explore the local surroundings.
Outside the Disney Resort, Vero Beach is known for its golf courses, water sports, and more. Spend some time exploring the local area and maybe even try something new. A popular destination close to Disney’s Vero Beach is the Indian River Lagoon. It’s home to rare and endangered species of plants and also one-third of the U.S. manatee population.
Driving is the easiest way to access Disney’s Vero Beach from the Walt Disney World Resort. The Disney Resort is around two hours southeast of Lake Buena Vista. You may have access to your own car, having chosen to drive to your Disney vacation. However, hiring a car is a sensible option if you plan on flying. The Car Care Center at Walt Disney World makes renting a car easy. We recommend renting a car before arriving at the Walt Disney World Resort through Enterprise, Alamo, or National. You can also schedule a pick-up from your Walt Disney World Resort hotel before picking up your car.
Reasons We Love To Visit
If you are yet to visit Disney’s Vero Beach, then here are some of the reasons why we love to visit:
- See Loggerhead Sea Turtle nests. Depending on the time of year you visit, you may see the turtle nests on Vero Beach. You may even be lucky enough to see the hatchlings making their way to the ocean for the first time. Beach guides are available to provide information about the nests.
- Disney’s Vero Beach nature reserve. Follow Peter Pan along the Tunnel Breezeway. Just a short walk from Community Hall, you will find the Resort Lake, which is surrounded by a nature reserve. Benches are situated along the way, where you can rest at and enjoy the view.
- Sunrise. The Disney Resorts position on the Atlantic Coast makes it a perfect place to enjoy the sunrise. Enjoy a morning stroll along the beach, paddling in the water as the sun breaks for the day.
- Exploring somewhere new. Visiting Disney’s Vero Beach is your chance to see a new Disney Resort hotel, explore somewhere new, and maybe even try new things.
- Relaxation. While we love a Disney vacation that involves exploring the Disney Parks, something is refreshing about being able to spend some time relaxing.
Have you visited Disney’s Vero Beach Resort yet? If not, we hope that you plan to visit soon. You’re in for a Disney experience like no other.