Quick-service dining is a part of any Disney vacation. Whether you alternate between quick-service and full-service restaurants or dine only in quick-service locations, every Disney Guest will enjoy some Disney fast food. But what if you’re looking for alternatives to the usual fast food?
When you think of fast food, what comes to mind? Burgers, fries, nuggets, and pizza are the usual suspects. But you don’t have to spend your Disney vacation eating only these things. The Walt Disney Company knows how to create unique food experiences. You’ll find plenty of exciting menu items to feast upon without requiring an advance dining reservation. Here are the best quick-service restaurants to dine in and enjoy exciting fast food.
Three dining locations offer great alternatives to regular fast food. When visiting Magic Kingdom Park, we always visit these locations:
- Columbia Harbour House, Liberty Square – if you’re partial to a bit of seafood, you’ll want to stop by this New-England-inspired restaurant. Enjoy Lobster Roll and New England Shrimp Boil in a cozy setting.
- Pecos Bills Tall Tale Inn and Cafe, Frontierland – if you enjoy southwestern fare, then this is the place to enjoy lunch or dinner. Fajitas, nachos, rice bowls, tacos, and churros are all served here.
- Sleepy Hollow, Liberty Square – looking for a sweet treat that will fill you up? Then visit Sleepy Hollow and place your order of Funnel Cake or the delicious Fresh Fruit Waffle Sandwich. If you’re visiting at breakfast time, you’ll also be able to order a Mickey Waffle.
- Casey’s Corner, Main Street, U.S.A. – some Guests would argue that this famous Magic Kingdom restaurant serves traditional fast food. Yes, this is the place to get a hot dog. But the hot dogs served here come with unique toppings, making it a must for our list.
Guests are spoilt for choice when it comes to quick-service dining in EPCOT. There is something for every tastebud, especially around World Showcase. We do, however, have favorites. Here are the quick-service locations we recommend visiting when visiting the Disney Park:
- Crepes A Emporter by La Creperie de Paris, France Pavilion – inspired by Brittany, France, sweet and savory crepes are served here. Dine before or after a ride on Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure.
- Katsura Grill, Japan Pavilion – sushi, teriyaki, and curry are all available here. Enjoy your meal from the serene Japanese garden while listening to the distant sound of taiko drums.
- La Cantina de San Angel, Mexico Pavilion – find this restaurant on the water’s edge of World Showcase Lagoon. Guests can enjoy tacos, empanadas, nachos, and other Mexican sides from this quick-service location.
- Les Halles Boulangerie-Patisserie, France Pavilion – whether you need a sweet treat or freshly made sandwiches on French bread, this is a great place to eat. Enjoy some shade from the sun, and eat inside. Alternatively, eat outside on the quaint French street.
- Lotus Blossom Cafe, China Pavilion – we love to enjoy Chinese dishes from this quick-service restaurant. Orange chicken, Mongolian beef, chicken fried rice, and vegetable stir fry are served here. Portion sizes are generous, so you may wish to share.
- Sunshine Seasons, World Nature – looking for fresh dishes that inspire your senses? There is a wide variety of dishes served in The Land Pavilion. Dishes even include fresh ingredients from the greenhouses that Guests pass through on Living with the Land.
- Connections Eatery, World Celebration (previously known as Future World) – while this restaurant serves traditional fast food items, they have a unique twist. Connections Eatery serves menu items on reusable plates with metal cutlery. It’s a quick service restaurant with full-service features.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
There are several quick-service restaurants in Disney’s Hollywood Studios for alternative fast food. These are:
- ABC Commissary, Commissary Lane – tacos, salad, grilled cheese, and club sandwiches make up the menu at this studio-inspired restaurant.
- Docking Bay 7 Food and Cargo, Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge – fill up on galactic grub in a working hangar bay. The menu features stir fry, poke bowls, ribs, kefta, and other unique dishes.
- Fairfax Fare, Sunset Boulevard – a variety of waffle bowls with tasty toppings are served here. Collect your order at the counter, then enjoy the shaded seating area while watching Guests stroll up and down Sunset Boulevard.
- Woody’s Lunch Box, Toy Story Land – if you’re looking for the perfect sandwich spot, you’ll want to stop by Andy’s backyard. Treat yourself to a side of Totcho’s, too – you won’t be disappointed!
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
We love the different flavors available to enjoy in Disney’s Animal Kingdom. Dining at these restaurants is a delight for your taste buds:
- Flame Tree Barbecue, Discovery Island – chicken, ribs, pulled pork, and macaroni & cheese are served here. Pair your entree with specialty drinks, including alcohol.
- Harambe Market, Africa – dine in an open-air space that welcomes travelers to Harambe. African-inspired fair is served and will tantalize your taste buds.
- Satu’li Canteen, Pandora – The World of Avatar – this popular restaurant immerses Guests in the art and culture of the Na’vi. International-inspired cuisine inspires the dishes served in rice bowls with various toppings and Bao Buns.
- Yak & Yeti Local Food Cafes, Asia – Asian fare is perfect for fulfilling your appetite after your Himalayan trek on Expedition Everest – Legend of the Forbidden Mountain. Guests can enjoy honey sesame chicken, sweet-and-sour tempura shrimp, teriyaki chicken salad, vegetable tikka masala, and other dishes.
Disney Water Parks
Guests can also enjoy a variety of quick-service dishes in the Disney water parks. In Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon, Leaning Palms features a variety of entrees that will help you to refuel for an afternoon of fun. Similarly, Lottawatta Lodge in Disney’s Blizzard Beach has plenty of dishes to choose from.
Don’t forget there are also plenty of restaurants in the Walt Disney World Resort hotels, where Guests can enjoy tasty menu items. Disney Springs, previously known as Downtown Disney, also has a wide selection of restaurants for Guests to dine in. Favorites include The Polite Pig, Earl of Sandwich, and Cookes of Dublin.
Counter service and mobile ordering is available at most Disney dining locations, in and out of the Disney theme parks. Mobile order is quick and easy to use; it requires using the My Disney Experience App. Choose the method that suits you best.
Which of these Walt Disney World restaurants are you looking forward to eating in during your next Disney vacation? It’s great to try new dishes and eat in new places. You’ll enjoy a little variety in your Disney experience!