Walt Disney World is the ideal location to visit with your girls. While many Guests will believe that the Walt Disney World Resort is a place to stay with their family, your Disney vacations can involve other close family and friends too. Having been lucky enough to take three girls’ trips to Walt Disney World, we guarantee you won’t regret your decision to do the same.
Reasons to Take a Disney Vacation with the Girls
Whether your girls’ are your close friends, your sisters, or maybe you and your mom or daughter are the best of friends, Lake Buena Vista is a perfect place to visit during the next vacation with your girls. In case you need some inspiration, here are the reasons why we adore taking these sorts of Disney vacations:
- Matching outfits – whether you wear matching t-shirts and accessories or plan your outfits to suit a theme every day of your vacation, vacationing with your girls is the perfect opportunity to coordinate your outfits.
- Cocktail stops – plenty of excellent relaxing bars and lounges are found in and out of the Disney Parks. A girls’ trip to Walt Disney World offers the ideal opportunity to enjoy an afternoon or evening cocktail.
- Making memories – Disney PhotoPass will be able to capture some of your memories so that you can look back on photos of the magical Disney experience you had together. Experiencing attractions, meeting Disney characters, dining experiences, and more will also make extra special memories you can reminisce on for years.
- Shopping – do your girls enjoy a little retail therapy? Visiting with your girls will make browsing the gift stores in the Disney Parks and in Disney Springs a little easier.
- Share meals – Disney meal portions aren’t small! However, dining with your girls may allow you to share appetizers, entrees, and desserts. Doing so can also help keep costs down during your Disney vacation.
Another massive benefit of taking a girls’ Disney vacation is sharing the accommodation cost. Choosing to stay on Disney property can be an expensive decision. However, sharing a room can significantly reduce the amount you need to allow for accommodation in your vacation budget. Once you’ve decided to stay in the Walt Disney World Resort, you need to choose a Resort hotel to stay at. But which one should you choose?
Here are our Disney Resort hotel recommendations when visiting Walt Disney World with your girlfriends.
Value: Disney’s Art of Animation Resort
Are you hoping to keep the cost down when visiting Walt Disney World? Then a Disney Value Resort will suit your budget. While there are five Value Resorts, we recommend staying with your girls at Disney’s Art of Animation Resort. It may be the most expensive of the Disney Value Resorts, but here’s why it’ll make a great place to stay during a girls’ Disney vacation:
- The Little Mermaid (1989) rooms – staying in a standard Guest room in Disney’s Art of Animation Resort will mean that you are staying in The Little Mermaid section. Externally, you will be surrounded by larger-than-life Disney characters, including Ariel, Ursula, and King Triton. Your Guest room will also be themed to suit the section, with plenty of details from the movie. Additionally, just outside of your Resort block, you’ll find The Little Mermaid pool.
- Transport – two modes of transport are available to Guests of Disney’s Art of Animation Resort. The Disney buses allow you to access Magic Kingdom Park, Disney’s Animal Kingdom, and Disney Springs. Meanwhile, you can use the Disney Skyliner to get to EPCOT and Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
- Multiple Resorts – Disney’s Art of Animation Resort is located across Hourglass Lake from Disney’s Pop Century Resort. As such, you have access to two quick-service restaurants. You are also just a Disney Skyliner ride away from Disney’s Caribbean Beach and Disney’s Riviera Resorts.
Moderate: Disney’s Port Orleans Riverside Resort
If you have more to spend on accommodation for your Disney vacation, you may wish to consider staying in a Disney Moderate Resort. Disney’s Port Orleans Riverside Resort is the ideal Moderate Resort to stay in during a girls’ trip. Here’s why we love it:
- Royal Guest Rooms – for a magical experience, choose to stay in a Royal Guest Room. Located in Magnolia Bend, you’ll stay in a room that will make you feel like an actual Disney princess. The Royal Guest rooms are filled with magical Disney accents and have fireworks in the headboards.
- Inspire by Princess Tiana – should you choose to stay in a Standard Guest room, you can also expect Disney princess details. While the details are more subtle than those in the Royal Guest room, you can enjoy pastel colors that make for a tranquil stay.
- Pool areas – several quiet pools are located around Disney’s Port Orleans Riverside Resort and the Ol’ Man Island pool area. The quiet pools are a great place to relax after a day in the Disney Parks or while enjoying a chilled morning.
- Disney Springs – You can easily access Disney Springs when staying at Disney’s Port Orleans Riverside Resort. Guests can use the Sassagoula River Boats to visit the shopping and dining district.
- Disney’s Port Orleans French Quarter Resort is another Disney Resort hotel just up the river. You can walk there or use the river boats. Close proximity to another Disney hotel provides additional dining and shopping options.
Deluxe: Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
If you want a luxurious experience when taking your girls’ Disney vacation, you’ll want to stay at a Disney Deluxe Resort. Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa is where to stay with your girls. Here’s why it’s our first choice of the Disney Deluxe Resorts to stay at when taking a girls’ vacation:
- Magic Kingdom Park – you are just one Disney Monorail stop from the Disney Park when staying at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort. You can also catch a boat or walk to the Disney Park.
- Fireworks view – spend a little extra to secure a Guest room with a fireworks view. You can enjoy Happily Ever After from your Guest room every evening.
- Dining – there are plenty of excellent restaurant choices at Disney’s Grand Floridian. We love to enjoy breakfast at the Grand Floridian Cafe. Gasparilla Island Grill is also a great spot for something quick. As for drinks, you will want to attend the Enchanted Rose.
- Spacious rooms – Guest rooms at a Deluxe Resort are spacious and also have their own balcony. You can also enjoy evening turndown service at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort.
- Multiple Resorts – Disney’s Grand Floridian is closely situated to other Disney Resort hotels. Use the Disney Monorail to travel to Disney’s Contemporary Resort. Alternatively, catch the boat to Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort.
- Pool areas – the pool areas at Disney’s Grand Floridian are exquisite. Chill out at the Courtyard Pool. Alternatively, enjoy poolside entertainment at the Beach Pool.
Are you already planning a Disney vacation with your girls? If not, we hope we’ve inspired you to do so. Which of these Resort hotels will you stay at during your Disney vacation?