Disney dining guarantees you the chance to enjoy delicious food with excellent Guest service. However, that’s not all there is to enjoy in the Walt Disney World Resort. If you’re looking for dining experiences offering more than just tasty food, consider the following Walt Disney World restaurants.
Hoop-De-Doo Musical Revue
How does a fantastic feast with high-spirited music and a comedy show sound? The Hoop-De-Doo Musical Revue at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground is so much fun. You’ll sit in Pioneer Hall before being served a rustic feast while enjoying entertainment from the Pioneer Hall Players. It’ll be the quickest two hours of your life!
Prepare for a feast of all-you-care-to-enjoy fried chicken, smoked BBQ ribs, salad, cowboy beans, freshly baked cornbread, creamy coleslaw, and macaroni-cheese. If you and your party are aged 21 or over, you can wash it down with unlimited beer, wine, and sangria. Alternatively, enjoy unlimited soft drinks. But make sure to save room for dessert. The grand finale is a fresh strawberry shortcake. In between courses, get ready to clap and stomp your feet, sing along, and even wave your red napkins.
An advanced dining reservation for the Hoop-De-Doo Musical Revue is highly recommended to avoid disappointment. There are multiple shows per evening, so you can choose the time that works for you and your family. Show times are 4 p.m., 6:15 p.m., and 8:30 p.m. daily.
Whispering Canyon Cafe
Across Bay Lake in Disney’s Wilderness Lodge, you won’t want to miss dining at Whispering Canyon Cafe. The Walt Disney World restaurant is open throughout the day, serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Individual appetizers, entrees, and desserts are available to order. However, we recommend ordering an all-you-care-to-enjoy skillet when dining at Whispering Canyon Cafe. When ordering a skillet, you can enjoy cornbread before being served with a skillet filled with delicious food. Feel free to order more of your favorite items.
Excellent food is one of many reasons to visit Whispering Canyon Cafe, though. The Old Western-inspired eatery also hosts games, interactive fun, sass, and attitude from the Cast Members. It’s an excellent place to celebrate a birthday or special occasion. But don’t worry if you aren’t celebrating; you will have just as much fun in the dining room. Oh, and make sure to order ketchup! You’re in for a memorable experience at Whispering Canyon Cafe.
Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater
Do you enjoy watching tv when eating? You don’t have to go without a little screen time to accompany your lunch or dinner. The Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater in Disney’s Hollywood Studios invites Guests to enjoy sci-fi movie clips while eating all-American cuisine. Open from 10:35 a.m. through 9:30 p.m. daily, you can sit in car-shaped booths and eat from tables offering a perfect screen view. The mood is set perfectly, as illuminated tail lights surround you, and the ceiling twinkles like the night sky.
The Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater is located on Commissary Lane in Disney’s Hollywood Studios. While walk-up dining may be available during your Disney vacation, advance dining reservations are highly recommended to avoid disappointment.
Another Disney Park restaurant that offers more than great food is Teppan Edo in EPCOT theme park. You can enjoy an exciting dining experience that celebrates authentic Japanese cuisine daily in the Disney restaurant. Open from noon, lunch and dinner is served through Teppan-yaki-style cooking. You will sit around the chef’s table, where they will prepare stir-fried dishes while you watch. Your dining experience will be part meal, part show. Watch in awe as steak, chicken, seafood, and vegetables are prepared and cooked in front of you, accompanied by Udon noodles and steamed rice.
Time your dining experience right, and you will leave Teppan Edo with full stomachs in time to secure a spot outside the restaurant on the balcony with an excellent view of the World Showcase Lagoon. You can enjoy EPCOT Forever away from the crowds down below. To secure your dining experience, make an advance dining reservations using My Disney Experience.
Disney Character Dining
Several Walt Disney World Resort restaurants combine dining with Disney character appearances. Although a little more expensive than other dining experiences, a Disney character meal guarantees an opportunity to meet your favorite Disney pals without waiting in line. The Disney characters come to you while you feast on all-you-can-eat buffets or family-style dining. You can choose a character dining restaurant in a Disney Park or Disney hotel, whichever works best for you and your party.
The following Disney character dining experiences are available to enjoy in Walt Disney World:
- Akershus Royal Banquet Hall in EPCOT. Dine with the Disney princesses inside a medieval castle in the Norway Pavilion in EPCOT World Showcase. You can enjoy breakfast, lunch, or dinner in the Disney restaurant. Each meal is served on family-style platters.
- Cape May Cafe in Disney’s Beach Club Resort. Join Minnie Mouse, Goofy, Donald Duck, and Daisy Duck for Minnie’s Beach Bash Breakfast. Help yourself to the breakfast buffet serving all your favorite breakfast items, including Mickey waffles.
- Chef Mickey’s in Disney’s Contemporary Resort. Mickey Mouse and friends don their chef outfits and join you while you enjoy a delicious buffet meal. Chef Mickey’s is open for breakfast from 7:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Meanwhile, you can enjoy dinner from 5 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. daily.
- Cinderella’s Royal Table in Magic Kingdom Park. The signature dining experience offers you the chance to dine inside Cinderella Castle, accompanied by Disney royalty. Cinderella’s Royal Table is open daily for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. You’ll need an advance dining reservation to dine in the Disney restaurant.
- Crystal Palace in Magic Kingdom Park. Across the Main Street U.S.A. hub, near the entrance to Adventureland, you can join Winnie the Pooh and his friends in the Crystal Palace. Enjoy food from a breakfast, lunch, or dinner buffet while enjoying views of Magic Kingdom. Share hugs, take photos, and collect autographs from Winnie the Pooh, Piglet, Eeyore, and Tigger.
- Garden Grill in EPCOT. Enjoy family-style dining here, accompanied by Mickey Mouse, Pluto, Chip, and Dale. You will also enjoy unique views of the Living with the Land attraction below, as the Disney restaurant slowly rotates during your experience.
- Hollywood & Vine in Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Disney Junior Stars join Guests for breakfast, while Minnie Mouse and friends host a seasonal dining experience for lunch and dinner. Choose the experience that best suits your family.
- ‘Ohana in Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort. The Best Friends Breakfast with Lilo and Stitch is awesome fun. Enjoy an American-inspired breakfast with Polynesian flavors from loaded skillets while Disney friends join you at your table.
- Story Book Dining at Artist Point with Snow White in Disney’s Wilderness Lodge Resort. Dine from a prix-fixe menu that includes sharing appetizers and desserts in the Enchanted Forest. Snow White, Dopey, Grumpy, and the Evil Queen will appear during your dining experience to help create memories that will last forever.
- Topolino’s Terrace – Flavors of the Riviera at Disney’s Riviera Resort. It’s easy to see why the Disney restaurant is one of the most popular restaurants in Walt Disney World. Mickey Mouse and friends don unique costumes and join you to make memories while you enjoy your choice of two entrees and a selection of pastries.
- Tusker House at Disney’s Animal Kingdom. Dine in the lively Harambe marketplace while mingling with Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, Daisy Duck, and Goofy as they take a break from a safari. Enjoy the buffet filled with African-inspired dishes and flavors during breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
Which of the best Disney restaurants that offer more than just delicious food are in your following Disney vacation plans? You’re guaranteed a unique Disney experience when eating there!