Food is one of our favorite things about a Disney vacation. When visiting the Walt Disney World Resort, we make sure we include dining in our vacation plans. We not only consider the full-service restaurants we plan to secure an advanced dining reservation for; we also plan the quick-service restaurants we wish to eat at and the Disney snacks we want to enjoy. Depending on how organized we want our Disney vacation to be, we may even include when to each in our chosen restaurants. Do we sound like you?
The Walt Disney World Resort has plenty of dining experiences to enjoy during a Disney trip. Disney character dining, family-style meals, dinner packages, and buffet breakfasts are just a few dining experiences we love to enjoy in Lake Buena Vista. We also appreciate dining in fine and signature restaurants, whether for a special occasion or a planned date night.
In particular, rooftop dining offers the perfect place to celebrate or spend time together. When you think of rooftop dining in the Walt Disney World Resort, you probably think of California Grill and Topolino’s Terrace – Flavors of the Riviera.
You’ll find California Grill at the top of Disney’s Contemporary Resort. The fine dining restaurant offers spectacular views over Magic Kingdom Park. As such, it’s a popular restaurant among Disney guests who wish to conclude their dining experience with Happily Ever After. Guests dining in California Grill for an evening have exclusive access to the rooftop viewing area. When having dinner at California Grill, we like to secure an advanced dining reservation at least an hour before Happily Ever After. Doing so allows you time to enjoy your appetizers and entrees before the nighttime spectacular. Place your dessert or coffee order just before Happily Ever After begins so that it’s served as you return to your table.
Topolino’s Terrace – Flavors of the Riviera is located on the top floor of Disney’s Riviera Resort. Guests can enjoy breakfast and dinner in the Disney restaurant daily. Your favorite Disney characters, including Mickey Mouse, accompany you for breakfast at Topolino’s Terrace. Meanwhile, a signature dining experience is offered for dinner. The menu features fresh and delicious meat and seafood dishes, homemade pasta, and decadent desserts inspired by the Riviera. Afterward, guests can retire to the outdoor terrace, which offers stunning views over Lake Buena Vista.
Gran Destino Tower
In 2019, Gran Destino Tower opened at Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort. While Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort is a Moderate resort hotel, Gran Destino Tower offers guests a Deluxe resort experience. The Disney’s Coronado Springs expansion brought new experiences to guests of Walt Disney World Resort. These include the opportunity to experience Club Level in a Disney Moderate Resort and the addition of new restaurants, lounge areas, and bars. One of the restaurants that opened in Gran Destino Tower was Toledo – Tapas, Steak & Seafood.
Toledo – Tapas, Steak & Seafood
The Disney restaurant is the third rooftop dining experience to open in the Walt Disney World Resort. Spain inspires the restaurant’s interior and menu. The menu features Tapas, steak, and seafood dishes, offering you the chance to eat as though you were in Spain. Additionally, over 50 choices of Spanish wine are available to order, each selected by Disney’s Master Sommelier.
As well as the delicious menu, Toledo offers a beautiful dining space. Large olive trees feature in the restaurant, bringing the outside in. You will also dine under a stunning color-changing ceiling inspired by the Sagrada Familia in Barcelona. The large windows also offer an excellent view over the Walt Disney World Resort. Dine late enough, and you may see the Disney fireworks from your table.
We recently dined at the Toledo restaurant and were highly impressed with our dining experience. While the Disney restaurant is listed as a unique dining experience, we felt it offered an experience comparable to a fine dining experience without the price tag. We enjoyed a delicious meal with exceptional guest service.
Are you considering dining at Toledo? Here are our top tips to ensure you have an excellent dining experience:
- Make an advanced dining reservation ahead of your visit. Doing so will guarantee your dinner at the Disney restaurant. Advance dining reservations are available between 5 p.m. and 10 p.m. daily.
- If you wish to see the fireworks while eating, you’ll want to secure a reservation for around 8:30 p.m. Request a table near the window upon check-in to guarantee the best view.
- Arrive at Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort early. You will have time to explore the Disney hotel before your dinner. There are some beautiful photo spots outside by Lago Dorado. We also love to stop by the lantern walls inside the entrance of Gran Destino Tower.
- Enjoy pre-dinner drinks at Dahlia Lounge. Sip on a cocktail or specialty beverage while admiring the mesmerizing decor. Alternatively, head out to the rooftop terrace and admire the Walt Disney World Resort from above. The Dahlia Lounge is also a perfect place to retire to after dinner. You may also consider stopping by the Barcelona Lounge.
- Give yourself time to arrive, especially when using Disney transportation. Suppose you use the Disney buses to travel to Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort. In that case, you may stop at other bus stops around the Disney hotel before arriving at Gran Destino Tower. We recommend allowing at least 1 hour to travel from your Disney resort hotel to Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort via a Disney Park or Disney Springs.
- Make sure you try the Patatas Bravas – they are delicious!
Enjoy your dining experience at Toledo – Tapas, Steak & Seafood. We hope you will enjoy it as much as we did!