Taking a Disney vacation is a magical but expensive experience. Budgeting is essential to ensure that your Walt Disney World Resort visit remains affordable. Travel, accommodation, and Disney theme park tickets are probably the first things you budget for. Then, you must consider food, beverages, and spending money for Disney souvenirs and experiences. Disney Genie+, Lightning Lane, and the purchase of a Magic Band are also things to consider in your budget if you intend on using them in addition to your Walt Disney World ticket.
Spending money may be something that you wish to keep to a minimum. While we wish you good luck with that, as there are so many things that can catch your eye in the Walt Disney World Resort, you can enjoy many things for less than $10. Here are all the things we set aside $10 for when taking a Disney vacation.
Anyone who has taken a Disney vacation will appreciate the choice regarding snacking. The Walt Disney Company is known for the unique snacks available to Guests throughout the Disney Parks and Resorts. While some snacks are available throughout the year, others are limited-edition and unique to the time of year you visit. Snacks are a great way to eat without dining in quick-service and full-service restaurants. Share them or keep them for yourself; the choice is yours.
In case you need some inspiration, here are some of our favorite Disney snacks to enjoy for less than $10:
- Mickey Beignets at Scat Cat’s Club Cafe in Disney’s Port Orleans French Quarter Resort – $7.49
- Hei Hei Cone, featuring Dole Whip, at Snack Shack in Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon Water Park – $5.99
- Jack-Jack’s Num Num Cookie at the Market in Disney’s Hollywood Studios – $6.19
- Cheshire Cat Tail at Cheshire Cafe in Magic Kingdom Park – $5.79
- Monorail Cookies’ n Cream Cupcake at Contempo Cafe in Disney’s Contemporary Resort – $4.99
- Zebra Domes at The Mara in Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge – $4.59
Similar to snacks, plenty of specialty beverages can be enjoyed during your Disney vacation. Some drinks are available year-round, while others are available for a limited time throughout the year. Generally, non-alcoholic beverages are available for less than $10. Some of our favorites include:
- Night Blossom at Pongu Pongu in Disney’s Animal Kingdom – $6.29
- LeFou’s Brew at Gaston’s Tavern in Magic Kingdom – $6.29
- Tropical Serenade, featuring Dole Whip, at Aloha Isle in Magic Kingdom – $7.49
- Blue Milk and Green Milk at Milk Stand in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, Disney’s Hollywood Studios – $8.49
The Walt Disney World Resort is a special place to celebrate special occasions. From birthdays to anniversaries and more, there’s always something to celebrate. Celebration buttons are a must if you are celebrating during your Disney vacation. While celebration buttons are free throughout Walt Disney World, you can upgrade your buttons for less than $10. Personalization of celebration buttons can be done in Mickey’s Days of Christmas in Disney Springs or Ye Olde Christmas Shoppe in Magic Kingdom Park. Speak to a Cast Member who can take the details of your personalization. You will then be provided with a time to collect your special buttons.
A Magical Postcard
Have you ever sent yourself a postcard? We’ve recently started the tradition. We send ourselves a postcard from each vacation, particularly on Walt Disney World Property. All you need to do is purchase a postcard from a Walt Disney World Resort store. Write yourself a message. We love to write down highlights of our trip or have our favorite Disney characters sign it. If we’ve been traveling with friends or family, we have them write us a message too. Once complete, post it. Each of the Disney Resort hotels has a mailbox. You can also send your postcard from the following Disney Park locations:
- Magic Kingdom – Main Street, U.S.A., Town Hall, Trading Post building near the Country Bear Jamboree, and underneath the Main Street, U.S.A. Train Station
- EPCOT – Entrance Plaza and inside the Mexico Pavilion
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom – Harambe, Africa, and Garden Gate Gifts
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios – Oscar’s Super Service
You will need to visit one of the following locations in Walt Disney World to pick up a stamp:
- Camera Center, EPCOT
- Oscar’s Super Service, Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- The Outpost, Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- Garden Gate Gifts, Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- World of Disney, Disney Springs
Do you like to collect magnets during your travels? We certainly do, and we love that there is plenty to collect from Walt Disney World. Dated magnets are a popular merchandise item found in Disney stores. They are an affordable way to track the years you have visited Lake Buena Vista. Each Walt Disney World Resort hotel also has its own magnet. Add each one to your collection as you stay in each Disney hotel. Should you be cruising with Disney Cruise Line, you can also purchase magnets for each Disney ship. Your collection will grow in no time!
The Walt Disney Company is known for its collectible items. A popular item amongst Disney Guests over the years has been pressed pennies. A similar collection has recently become available in the Walt Disney World Resort, called Collectible Medallions. While pressed pennies require your own penny to press, ideally a shiny one, Collectible Medallions don’t.
Collectible Medallion machines can be found throughout the Disney Parks and Resorts. Each machine has a selection of designs available. Currently, the Medallions are silver in honor of the Disney100 celebrations. Each Medallion features the Disney 100 Years of Wonder logo, with Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, and Tinker Bell on one side. Collectible Medallions are an excellent way to commemorate your Walt Disney World Resort visit during the 100-year celebrations. Find your favorite design, and purchase it for $6.
What will you spend $10 on during your next Disney vacation? Make sure you give yourself a little spending money to treat yourself when visiting the Walt Disney World Resort. After all, it’s part of the Disney experience!