How To Order Your Disney MagicBands in 7 Easy Steps
The Walt Disney World Company has gone to great lengths to ensure that their guests have a trip of a lifetime while visiting their parks. The MagicBand experience is one of Disney’s most recent ventures, providing guests with an incredibly quick and efficient way of doing Disney. Using the latest technology, guests are given the ability to use their MagicBand as a means of getting into the theme parks and their Walt Disney World Resort hotel room, paying for food and merchandise, using Fastpass+, and more. There is no better way to experience Disney than to have one of these handy bands strapped on your wrist, granting you the option of enjoying Disney in an effortless and convenient fashion. And speaking of fashion, these eye-catching, waterproof, colorful bands are the ultimate accessory for every park guest. So how does a person order one of these remarkable wrist bands? We’ll break it down for you step-by-step, and before you know it you’ll be snapping on your MagicBand in, well, a snap!
If your upcoming vacation has you staying at a Walt Disney World resort or you are a Disney Passholder, you will receive a MagicBand at no additional charge. If you are not a Disney Passholder and will not be vacationing at a Disney resort during your vacation, you have the option of purchasing a MagicBand via the Disney Store online or at select retail stores on the Walt Disney World property. If you choose not to purchase one, you will receive a card (similar to a plastic credit card) to use for the aforementioned conveniences/features.
If you have booked your Disney vacation or purchased an annual or seasonal Disney pass, and you have 10 or more days separating you from your upcoming Disney vacation, you may follow these simple steps to order your MagicBand and have it shipped to your home. If you customize your MagicBand between 9 and 5 days before your arrival, your MagicBand will be available to pick up at the Walt Disney World resort you are staying at.
1. Visit this Disney site page and sign in to your personal account. If you have never set up an account before, you also have the option of creating one.
2. If you haven’t already done so, make certain that your upcoming vacation or annual pass is linked to your My Disney Experience page. If you booked your vacation online through the official Disney website or over the phone through a Disney agent, your vacation should (but not always) automatically be linked to your account. If you booked your Disney vacation via a third-party travel agency, you will need to link your reservations.
3. Once everything is connected to your account, you will be able to customize and order your MagicBands! You should see a notification on the main screen that reads, “Personalize Your MagicBand.” Simply click this link. You can also access this same page by using the “My Disney Experience” drop-down box in the upper right corner and clicking “MagicBands and Cards.”
4. On the MagicBands and Cards screen, it is important to verify your mailing address. If you need to make changes, simply click the “Edit” button to enter the correct shipping information.
5. The next step is to customize your MagicBand. Click the “Customize” button next to the person in your party who you wish to set-up a MagicBand for. You have the option of choosing one of seven colors and will need to enter the name of the person (or a fun nickname) up to 9 characters including letters, numbers, and spaces. This name will appear on the inside of the MagicBand.
6. Once you are satisfied with your selections, click the “Ship Now” button to lock in your choices. Once you do this, you will no longer have the option to edit your MagicBand order. MagicBands take approximately 10 days to arrive via USPS.
7. Keep in mind, MagicBands cannot be shipped to all countries. If you ordered your MagicBands online and do not receive them in time for your Disney vacation, no worries, they will be waiting for you at your Disney resort upon check-in. You may track your order via your My Disney Experience page.
Easy peasy, right? But what if you are not staying onsite and don’t have an annual pass but still want a MagicBand? Simply purchase your MagicBand online from the Disney Store or at a retail store on Disney property, sign in to your My Disney Experience account and link your purchased MagicBand. You may also like “5 Ways to Customize Your MagicBands.”
For more tips and info about MagicBands, consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like Mickey Travels. They’ll help you get the best price for your vacation, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE! It’s genius!