Five Reasons Why Epcot’s World Showcase Is a Prime Spot For a Romantic Evening
When you think of a date night, I’m sure you don’t consider heading to a Walt Disney World park, but you should. Epcot happens to be one of my favorite spots when I’m craving a romantic night with my significant other. The World Showcase, specifically, sets the tone for a romantic evening and should not be overlooked. Here are five reasons why Epcot’s World Showcase is truly a prime spot for a romantic evening:
5) The scenery – The World Showcase is, arguably, one of the prettiest parts of the Walt Disney World Resort. With its luscious trees, beautiful architecture and sparkling lagoon, it’s hard to not feel at ease while walking through the showcase. The scenery is an excellent backdrop for a romantic stroll with your significant other or an impromptu photoshoot! I love taking pictures with the lagoon in the back, and nothing beats a photo at sunset. Some of my favorite spots for photos are on the bridge near Italy, the bridge that separates France and England and in front of the structure in Japan since it has a wonderful view of spaceship earth!
4) PhotoPass – The gorgeous scenery would be wasted if there wasn’t a way to capture it, but lucky for you there are plenty of PhotoPass photographers set up all around the World Showcase! PhotoPass photographers are placed in prime photo locations, and some of them never would have crossed your mind! I love taking a picture on the bridge heading toward the France pavilion and in the France pavilion with the Eiffel Tower in the background. These photo opportunities will make for awesome keepsakes to remember and reflect on your special date.
3) Live entertainment – One really great thing about the World Showcase is how much live entertainment is available at any given time of the day! Most of the countries have some sort of entertainment that allows you to take a break from walking and take in some culture. You and your significant other can grab a drink, if you’re of legal age, and catch the Chinese acrobats in China or the musical group in Germany. There is such a variety of talent around the showcase and it’s worth checking out.
2) Fireworks – I am a lover of fireworks, and fireworks plus the World Showcase makes for a romantic evening indeed! Any spot around the World Showcase lagoon is prime viewing for Illuminations: Reflections of Earth and it makes for a romantic ending to a wonderful date. If you choose to dine in a restaurant with an excellent view of the lagoon, I would even suggest making a reservation around the time that Illuminations is set to start, which is at park close every night. If you can find someone to take a photo of the two of you, it’ll be even more romantic and magical!
1) Excellent dining options – The best reason as to why you should choose the World Showcase at Epcot for a romantic evening out is because of the variety of restaurants you have to choose from. Each pavilion in the showcase has at least one sit down restaurant, and many of them have romantic vibes. If you’re looking for a high quality restaurant that will set the mood, some suggestions are Le Cellier in Canada, Chefs de France in France, Teppan Edo in Japan and Tutto Italia in Italy. However, any restaurant you choose will have delicious food and a positive, warm atmosphere, which is perfect for a special night out.
Epcot is one of my favorite Disney parks to visit as a guest not only during the daytime, but also in the evening as well. With so many different activities to take advantage of, it’s difficult to feel bored when in the park. The best part is that your romantic evening with your significant other doesn’t need to begin and end in the World Showcase. If you enjoy rides, you can start your evening with a trip around the world on Soarin’, or discover how our earth came to be on Spaceship Earth. However, there is no denying that a romantic date night in the World Showcase is hard to beat, and with so many options for romantic meals, you’re sure to have a night you won’t ever forget.
BONUS TIP: Consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like MickeyTravels. They’ll help you get the best Walt Disney World deal, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE! It’s genius!