5. The location—Disney’s Boardwalk is an excellent location for a character meal because it’s within close proximity to both Epcot and Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Epcot is a very short walk from the restaurant, leaving you right in the middle of the World Showcase. You can also walk to Disney’s Hollywood Studios even though it’s a bit farther, or you can opt to take the Friendship Boat.
4. The music—one of the most important things that must be taken into consideration when creating a new character dining experience is the music. The music helps to set the tone of the atmosphere and helps guests stay in the storyline even when they aren’t meeting characters. The entrance music for each character and the music that plays throughout the meal is perfectly curated for the experience.
3. The special touches—one of the things we look forward to during character meals is noticing the special touches that make the experience unique. Upon being seated, you will notice an adventure journal sitting in the middle of the table. You’re invited to fill out this journal with all of the adventures you’ve had at Walt Disney World so far or adventures you plan to have during your trip. You may also get a ‘My Dream’ card from Flynn Rider, who will tell you to jot down a dream to share with Rapunzel when she comes around. And for an extra special surprise, ask Flynn Rider what’s in his satchel. If you’re lucky, he might show you!
2. The food—not only is the menu for the Bon Voyage Adventure Breakfast full of mouthwatering meals, it’s also perfectly themed and will make your heart soar with happiness! With names such as King Triton’s Shipwreck al Forno, Tangled Eggs and Tower of Pancakes, how could you possibly choose just one entree? Every item on the menu is sure to satisfy your taste buds, so don’t worry about having a meal that isn’t fulfilling. You also receive a basket full of pastries before you begin your meal, which includes a sun cookie, braided bread, and a clamshell pastry. They’re so delicious, and cute, that you’ll definitely be asking for seconds.
1. The characters—what makes this dining experience so special is the lineup of characters you get to meet. Flynn Rider and Prince Eric are two characters that are normally not available to meet. However, you get to meet them, get their autograph AND take pictures with them. Dream come true, right? You will also get to meet Rapunzel and Ariel, who are excited to hear about your adventures. They take special care to spend a fair amount of time with each guest and they are always in character, making you feel like you’ve stepped into two of your favorite Disney stories.
The Bon Voyage Adventure Breakfast is an excellent addition to the character dining lineup. This is a popular experience, so you’ll want to make reservations 180 days in advance. Be sure to try this out on your next trip and start your day off with a funfilled adventure!