If you’re looking for something magical to do for your next vacation, a Disney World trip is just the thing. It’s fun for all ages and provides amazing memories to last a lifetime. That said, Walt Disney World Resort is a big and sometimes confusing place, meaning it’s always best to do a bit of research before you head out. Fortunately, finding the information you need is usually fairly easy, so you won’t have to do too much digging. In fact, we’ve done quite a bit of the digging for you! Below we’ve compiled a list of the 15 most important things to know about Disney World Resort before you go. By using this list while planning your vacation and keeping these points in mind, you’ll be able to pull off the stress-free, magical getaway you’ve been dreaming about.
1. It’s Really BigWe mentioned earlier that Disney World is big. We seriously can’t stress this enough. The entire Disney World property is bigger than Manhattan.It include four main parks, two water parks, and numerous resorts—so no, Magic Kingdom isn’t all there is to it. This means a few different things for you:
- Comfortable shoes are a must have.
- You will want a stroller for younger kids.
- Plan more than one day to experience Disney World. A week is a great option!
2. Know Your Ticket OptionsLuckily, Disney World provides plenty of ticket options, meaning you can enjoy the parks however you see fit. Sure, you can buy a one-day pass, but this seems silly when you can save per day on a multi-day pass. There is also the option of adding park hopper privileges, which allow you to go from one park to the next in the same day. “Water Parks and More” is another great add-on that gives you admission to the water parks and a few other smaller attractions in addition to the parks.
3. FastPasses are NecessaryDisney World is always busy. This means that you will definitely want FastPass reservations for the most popular rides. These should be made as soon as your booking window opens up in order to ensure you get what you want.
Left 1 of 5 right